Sunday, April 17, 2011

my flea market escapades

        I have been starting to go to a flea market near my house every week now. I guess u can say I look forward to it. After being stuck indoors yesterday because of a massive rain storm...I thought for sure it wouldn't be open. However, when I woke up this morning... it was!! When i arrived... the ground was soggy and damp. However, I didn't let it bother me...There's just something about walking with your knees on blue tarps, that's really kinda fun. They also made it super easy to rummage. Yes... I am a rummager. I love digging through dirty old boxes in search of hidden treasures. Don't worry though.. I do wear gloves.

On today's trip,  I found a pretty lemon dipping bowl and a pair of blue earrings  (I cant wait to re- purpose). However, just when I was getting into my groove, it started to rain..down pour style. So.. I took what treasures I had found and went to pay. The man asked me three dollars for everything...so i offered him two and a half. I don't know if it was the rain or the silly grin on my face ...but he gave in and let me have everything for 2 dollars! I'd say I did pretty well! The funniest part though, was that it actually stopped raining just when I drove away. I was soaked....but...I had fun and I can't wait until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...